In this conversation with Charlotte Squires she share her personal story with receiving a stage four cancer diagnosis at the age of 23. Charlotte talks about what life was like immediately before she found out she had cancer, what the healing and recovery process looked like, how willing she was to go into the depths and breadth of the human experience, to feel the anger and the grief, and the sadness and the loss, and how that ultimately opened her up to more joy and light and love.
You’ll hear us discuss:
- The advocating and health bias Charlotte experience in getting diagnosed
- How Charlotte felt about her diagnosis and what it was like to share with others
- How Charlotte’s thinking shifted to accepting and her spirituality grew
- Charlotte’s holistic approach to healing that she called in
- How the year after treatment was the hardest year of Charlotte’s life
- How Charlotte’s cancer experience prepared her for motherhood and opened the door to her being The Living Doula
MEET CHARLOTTE SQUIRES
A Mother, doula, space holder, educator and meaning maker. She is a talented nurturer who has dedicated her life to supporting, uplifting and cheering on women in many different arenas. She is based on the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria however works with women and families from all over the world.