In this conversation with Nicole Garratt, Nicole shares with us her personal story of how she went from being an exhausted shift working mum of 4 with little support to flowing in her first year of private midwifery practice. Nicole shares her story of when she first thought that things could be different to the practical steps she took to start thinking about her business, how she started and how she has been changing things along the way to bringing her to a flow that works for her and her family.
You’ll hear us discuss:
- How Nicole’s life looks now vs when she was a hustling hospital worker
- Nicoles love of instagram and how it is helping her to grow her business
- Nicole’s shares her toolbox that keeps her life sustainable and nourishing
- The lessons Nicole has learnt in her first year in business as a private midwife
- How Nicole set her business up to be sustainable and nourishing for her and her family.
- What Nicole’s favourite thing is about being a private midwife
- Nicoles advice to other women and other mothers who want to leave a job that’s maybe no longer in alignment, or one that is just way too much in that patriarchal hustle and grind culture and start a business
MEET NICOLE GARRATT
Nicole is Mama. Midwife. Tea drinker. Book reader. Having worked in both the public and private hospital environments, Nicole recently made the move into private practice and has consciously built her business in a way that supports her family and herself. She has swapped shift work and constant hustle and grind, for alignment, flow and joy. It doesn’t all go smoothly, but there’s more room for flexibility and peace and it’s blooming wonderful.